View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zalid
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

re: Connected Realms

Yeah. Looking forward to making a few more characters once we merge.

One other thing to note is that you will be able to have anyone from the three realms in your guild, as they are treated as all being on the same server.

Cenaria_SWC
In-Game Guild Master

re: Connected Realms

Hey, I just thought I would post some information about connected realms which might help clarify some points to a few people. I got most of this information from Wowpedia

• All realms share a common auction house
  • All realms share a trade chat
  • Characters on different realms may have the same name or guild name.
  • When you meet players in the world (that are on our connected realm) only their name and guild will be shown. Their "original" server will only be shown through whispers or tooltips
  • Players that are in the guild with a different "original" server or that are searched for through the in game "who" function have their server name after their name in the guild roster and "who" search window
  • Obviously you can only have 11 characters on a realm however that restriction is not the same on the connected realm as you can have 11 characters on each realm. This allows you to have 33 characters on our connected realm with basically no difference if you made your character on Steamwheedle or Moonglade.

Apparently Blizzard are also looking at merging realm forums at some point. Hopefully that clarifies things a bit and might answer some questions

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum