View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kayrah2
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

re: Raid 16/7/14

Zalid wrote:
Kayrah2 wrote:

Thanks Zalid for the tip. This one defenitely looks easier. Have practice it a bit in flex, but it all comes down to perfect timing when too hit the disengage button. Too late and i wont get on to the belt, to early and i will end between the belts and fall

Glad to help.

Ah, so there is a little skill involved then. Thought it might be one where you could pretty much spam disengage.

Whichever you find easiest :)

Doing some more flex runs and spamming disengage when spit out of the pipe will do.

Zalid
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

re: Re: Raid 16/7/14

Cenaria_SWC wrote:
  • A beam of orange light appears and the boss needs to be moved to about 5/10 yards from that marker as this is where the overcharged missile will spawn. once active (and the first shockwave has occurred) the boss is tanked on the missile and melee can kill it. Missiles spawn is NOT based on players position. Missiles spawns in a specific quadrant that has players in. This is why it was either picking Zalid (and the rest of the raid ) or the quadrant with the hunters in. We might want to change the original tanking position

Ah, that makes more sense for the 1st missile.

Cenaria_SWC wrote:

Wave 3: Magnet, Missile - kill Laser (1.20 - 2.00)

• Fire spawns in the three predetermined circles. I am on the edge of the room with the rest of the ranged DPS while Xarvoz/Pet is in the centre space with the boss and the Melee then Slim is in the centre with the shredder.

Actually its me that picks this shredder up, now that we have the stacks sorted. It was originally Slim, but that was with the tactic of going for above 4 stacks.

Zalid
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Kayrah2 wrote:

Thanks Zalid for the tip. This one defenitely looks easier. Have practice it a bit in flex, but it all comes down to perfect timing when too hit the disengage button. Too late and i wont get on to the belt, to early and i will end between the belts and fall

Glad to help.

Ah, so there is a little skill involved then. Thought it might be one where you could pretty much spam disengage.

Whichever you find easiest :)

Cenaria_SWC
In-Game Guild Master

Raid report updated with thoughts and logs :)

Zalid
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Found a nice diagram of the empowered laser and the gaps in it :

A nice vid for hunters on how to do the pipes the easy way, if they did not know :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWVwM3LwLlM&feature=youtu.be&t=1m30s

You basically jump in the pipe with the debuff, which then spits you out the pipe next to it and disengage on to the belt. So much easier than using the edge of the pipe.

Nice vid of the fight here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DErbZKtEapA
It's long, but is really good and is in line with our strategy.
I also like that Slim and I seem to have worked out the tanking strategy that they use, which is to only stack to 3/4. Not the stupid high stacks that some have suggested. This should make it easier on the healers too ;-)
Slim : If you watch the full video, then the tanking specific one only really starts at 5:17. So skip to there.

I've found a nice timing list for the charge and shredders. Adding Slim and myself to it makes it much easier to take in. Also shows that I will never go above 3 stacks, and Slim goes to 4 stacks every time expect for the first.

00:00 - Electrostatic Charge Slim
00:17 - Electrostatic Charge Slim
00:34 - Electrostatic Charge Slim
00:38 - Shredder Slim
00:51 - Electrostatic Charge Gomph
01:08 - Electrostatic Charge Gomph
01:25 - Electrostatic Charge Gomph
01:38 - Shredder Gomph
01:42 - Electrostatic Charge Slim
01:59 - Electrostatic Charge Slim
02:16 - Electrostatic Charge Slim
02:33 - Electrostatic Charge Slim
02:38 - Shredder Slim
02:50 - Electrostatic Charge Gomph
03:07 - Electrostatic Charge Gomph
03:24 - Electrostatic Charge Gomph
03:38 - Shredder Gomph
03:41 - Electrostatic Charge Slim
03:58 - Electrostatic Charge Slim
04:15 - Electrostatic Charge Slim
04:32 - Electrostatic Charge Slim
04:38 - Shredder Slim
04:49 - Electrostatic Charge Gomph
05:06 - Electrostatic Charge Gomph
05:23 - Electrostatic Charge Gomph
05:38 - Shredder Gomph
05:40 - Electrostatic Charge Slim
05:57 - Electrostatic Charge Slim
06:14 - Electrostatic Charge Slim
06:31 - Electrostatic Charge Slim
06:38 - Shredder Slim
06:48 - Electrostatic Charge Gomph
06:58 - Electrostatic Charge Gomph

Zalid
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Cenaria_SWC wrote:

Also one of the important things is keeping the tank debuff much longer than usual so you taunt at two stacks and then build it up to about 6/7 with big CDs for each new application - this means you can kill the big add much quicker

Yeah. I noticed that. Start with 3 stacks, and then 2 from then on. Will be interesting :)

Cenaria_SWC wrote:

Also the post is fine - under each weapon kill list is the overcharged (bold) weapon from the previous wave - which is why the first wave has no ovrcharged ability

Ah, I see. Looks weird but it makes sense now.

Cenaria_SWC
In-Game Guild Master

Also one of the important things is keeping the tank debuff much longer than usual so you taunt at two stacks and then build it up to about 6/7 with big CDs for each new application - this means you can kill the big add much quicker

Also the post is fine - under each weapon kill list is the overcharged (bold) weapon from the previous wave - which is why the first wave has no ovrcharged ability

Looks like quite a hectic fight. Just need to keep our heads and know what to expect each wave.

Seems you may need to edit your post as the paragraph about the overcharged weapon is in the next wave. EG, wave 1 Missile overcharged is actually under wave 2, etc.

Cenaria_SWC
In-Game Guild Master

Raiders

Tanks - Zalid and Slim

Healers - Cenaria, Xarvoz and Sid 

Ranged - Foosfighting, Kayrah, Petrarch and Penda (Hunter from Good Fortune)

Melee - Thunderlash, Ethanol and Sisy

Pre Raid

I know these are usually left until after the raid but I wanted to post some information up here before. I believe Xarvoz will be late so have planned accordingly. After destroying spoils and Thok I thought we might want to have a look at blackfuse (especially as foos may be away the following lock out). Please check the fatboss video for general tactics and below is a guide on what we will do (overcharged weapons are in bold)

Wave 1: Missile, Laser - kill Mines

• Bloodlust - Nuke boss
  • Drop sawblades in a pile just like normal mode

Wave 2: Laser, Missile - kill Mines

• Overcharged Missile - raid needs to be in front of the boss as the tanks brings him round the edge of the room. This is because the missiles spawn near players and tanks can cleave down with melee and ranged
  • kite the laser - try and avoid "safe zones"

Wave 3: Magnet, Missile - kill Laser

• Overcharged Laser - Shredder tank needs to be in the inner safe zone. melee and boss tank need to be in the middle safe zone and ranged and healers need to be on the edge. When targeted with a saw blade run briefly into the fire with a CD - drop the saw blade then move back out to safety. (if possible use Invis/ FD to stop blade from spawning)
  • missile needs to be dodged as usual - be close to it so it requires the least movement to dodge

Wave 4: Missile, Laser - kill Mines

• Overcharged Magnet - stay to the edges as you get pushed and pulled. If you are in the middle safe zone - avoid the blades as they move out and in (people on edge are safe)
  • Once overcharged laser fire disappears we can move back into the centre of the room but just make sure you dodge pulsing sawblades

Wave 5: Magnet, Missile - kill Mines

• Overcharged Missile - stack near boss and move round with boss so the missiles can be cleaved down by everyone
  • Kite laser beam as usual

Wave 6: Mines, Laser - kill Mines

• Overcharged Magnet - Another magnet though not as bad this time as there is no fire. Avoid the sawblades that pulse.
  • Dodge the missile early

Wave 7: Missile, Laser - kill Mines

• Overcharged Mines - Nuke down the big ones first, then use CC and knockbacks and kill the small ones. Prioritise big ones! - Tanks never get targeted by mines
  • Kite laser as usual

Wave 8: Magnet, Missile - kill Mines

• Overcharged Missile - stack near boss and move round with boss so the missiles can be cleaved down by everyone
  • Kite laser as usual

Wave 9: laser, Laser - kill Mines

• Overcharged Magnet - as
  • Missile

Always run towards the missiles when they spawn then it is much easier to dodge them and it guarantees the next missile will spawn near our current location.

Post Raid

20 wipes down and I felt we have made some very good progress into Blackfuse. Our high gear level means that we definitely won't see that many waves and he will probably die around the 6/7 mark. This is our progress so far:

Wave 1: Missile, Laser - kill Mines (0 - 40)

• As this is obviously the easiest part of the fight we were doing a lot of damage to the boss in this phase.
  • Kayrah solos the belt so that Penda can stay down and nuke the boss with the rest of us.
  • The boss is pulled back from where he spawns, through the raid and then is positioned by the entrance.
  • Saw blades are dropped on green for the first shredder
  • Just before the first overcharged missile the person who has the laser kites it to the left (away from the direction we are moving the boss) and the raid moves to the right

Wave 2: Laser, Missile - kill Mines (40 - 1.20)

• A beam of orange light appears and the boss needs to be moved to about 5/10 yards from that marker as this is where the overcharged missile will spawn. once active (and the first shockwave has occurred) the boss is tanked on the missile and melee can kill it. Missiles spawn is NOT based on players position. Missiles spawns in a specific quadrant that has players in. This is why it was either picking Zalid (and the rest of the raid ) or the quadrant with the hunters in. We might want to change the original tanking position
  • After some practice it makes little sense for range to run in to kill these as it just makes dropping sawblades problematic (especially as the weapons die very quickly) so ranged can stay out near the centre of the room and kill weapons from there.
  • Once the third weapon has been killed ranged moved to the edge of the room and prepare for overcharged laser

Wave 3: Magnet, Missile - kill Laser (1.20 - 2.00)

• Fire spawns in the three predetermined circles. I am on the edge of the room with the rest of the ranged DPS while Xarvoz/Pet is in the centre space with the boss and the Melee then Zalid is in the centre with the shredder.
  • People who are targeted by sawblades need to drop these in the fire so that they are not a problem for the rest of the raid.
  • If missiles spawn ahead of us (moving clockwise) we need to move to them early so they are easier to avoid. If not keep boss where he is

Wave 4: Missile, Laser - kill Mines (2.00 - 2.40)

• Magnet spawns while the fire is still active and this creates the hardest part of the fight for about 15 seconds. If we want to kill it with this tactic we have to do everything to survive this bit.
  • The fire then despawns and we can all return to our original positions and the fight becomes a bit easier

This was as far as we got on Wednesday which was great progress. We might look at a slightly different tactic for the start of the next raid that means there are no overcharged lasers but we have to deal with overcharged mines earlier and more frequently however if it doesn't work out then we can scrap it and go back to our original plan. Keep watching videos to familiarize yourself with the fight! and hope to see everyone tomorrow!

Here are the logs: - Raid Logs

rankings on the first kill of a new boss... pretty awesome :D!

Thanks so much for coming!!! :) - Cenaria

Last edited by Cenaria_SWC on 2014/07/21 8:45; edited 2 times in total

Jump to: